This 3.5 days IAM Certificate course and exam provides an intensive coverage of the principles and practice of Asset Management. The content is aligned to PAS 55, ISO 55000 and to the Institute of Asset Management’s (IAM) Competences Framework, with a view to preparing students to pass the IAM Certificate Principles of Asset Management examination. The integration of asset whole life cycle management, linked to the broader business vision and strategy of the organization is stressed throughout
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to generation and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives and plans.
- Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis and management processes and contingency planning.
- Understand the asset lifecycle and the role of appropriate tools to optimise the performance, risk and cost of assets.
- Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
- Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organization, and translate technical issues into business implications.
The course helps prepare students to sit the IAM Certificate Exam, which is offered in the morning of day 4.
Additional reading is recommended and can be advised.
The course is delivered through three days of interactive classroom teaching, including reinforcing exercises and tests, supported by workplace assignments and directed reading.
The course aligns to PAS 55 and ISO 55000 as well as the IAM’s competency framework, with a view to preparing students to sit the IAM Certificate in Asset Management examination. It also provides a well-rounded competency development and assurance stage for those who already have practical experience, or specialist knowledge, and now seeking a more comprehensive understanding.
Participants will develop a business-centred appreciation of Asset Management, and will be better able to influence decisions which have AM implications. Additionally, the course is deliberately cross-disciplinary, and should help to foster effective team-working and break down disciplinary silos. Finally, participants will be equipped to sit the IAM Certification Examination.
COURSE DATES: 8 – 10 October 2019
EXAM DATE: 31 October 2019
N.B.: You must be a member of the IAM to sit the exam and register for the exam in advance.
REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION
This course is delivered through our regional partners, for more information, prices, registration, exam details and payment please click on link below to be directed to their website.