This deep-dive course provides intensive coverage of the principles and practices of Asset Management for those seeking the IAM Diploma qualification in Asset Management. The curriculum covers all the required modules of the Diploma and is also aligned with asset management standards (PAS 55, ISO 55000) and the GFMAM Asset Management ‘Landscape’.
The course prepares students to pass the two-stage examinations for the Diploma qualification: these comprise 5 modules of Principles of Asset Management and 7 modules of Advanced Asset Management. The programme is suited to experienced practitioners with existing or recent industrial or infrastructure asset management responsibilities, who can relate concepts to their work environment.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives and plans.
- Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis and management processes and contingency planning.
- Understand the asset life cycle, value realisation and the role of appropriate tools to optimise the performance, risk and cost of assets.
- Understand requirements for managing the implementation of asset management plans.
- Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
- Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organisation, and translate technical issues into business implications.
- Contribute more effectively to change management, continual improvement and cultural development.
The course helps prepare students to sit the IAM Principles of Asset Management and IAM Advanced Asset Management.
Additional reading is recommended and can be advised.
This course provides the educational content and practical application insights that enable students to meet these requirements and add value in their respective workplaces. The course is delivered through 6 days of intensive, highly interactive classroom teaching, led by a subject matter expert who has extensive personal experience of implementing good asset management practices.
- Principles of Asset Management
- Asset Management Policy, Strategy & Planning
- Managing Asset Life Cycle Decisions and Activities
- Assessing and Managing Asset Management Risks
- Financial and Business Impact
- Practices of Asset Management
- Asset Management Information and Knowledge
- Sustainable Asset Care and Performance Management
- Managing Change in Asset Management Systems and Capabilities
- Contractor and Supplier Management
- Demand Forecasting and Capital Expenditure Planning
- Methods for Realising Whole Live Value from Assets
The participant will develop an understanding of advanced concepts in asset management.
The course is intended to be cross-disciplinary and aims to encourage effective team working and the reduction of disciplinary silos.
23 – 25 October 2018 & 6 – 8 November 2018
REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION
This course is delivered through our regional partners, for more information, prices, registration, exam details and payment please click on link below to be directed to their website.