This deep-dive course provides intensive coverage of the principles and practices of Asset Management for those seeking the IAM Diploma qualification in Asset Management.
The curriculum covers the 12 required modules of the Diploma preparing students to sit the Diploma Exam and is also aligned with asset management standards (PAS 55, ISO 55000) and the GFMAM Asset Management ‘Landscape’.
The course is highly relevant to two audiences:
Participants also benefit from access to the unrivalled TWPL Academy knowledge base and expert tutorial team, all of whom have deep first hand experience of implementing best practices in a wide range of industrial environments.
The programme is suited to experienced practitioners with existing or recent industrial or infrastructure asset management responsibilities, who can relate concepts to their work environment.
The curriculum covers the fundamental principles and also the integration and effective implementation of asset management practices and systems throughout the organisation. It explores how organisational direction can be converted into specific asset management policies, strategies, plans and delivery activities that optimize performance and value over the whole life cycle. The supporting elements of leadership, competency, behaviour and culture are covered, as well as the necessary information systems, risk management, supply chain management and continual improvement processes. The role, elements and integration of the overarching management system are explained in detail, along with the processes of developing such systems and improving maturity and performance in asset management.
The course is delivered through 6 days of intensive, highly interactive classroom teaching, led by a subject matter expert who has extensive personal experience of implementing good practices.
A distinctive feature of the TWPL teaching methods (with over 20 years of success) is the linking of underlying concepts and principles to the real-world environment familiar to the students. Extensive use of case studies and workshop sessions ensure that the understanding is more than just superficial (to pass an exam) – it provides the insights and confidence to apply the learning and deliver real benefits to an employing organisation. Appropriate self test sessions are also included at key points in the course.
The participant will develop a business-centred appreciation of Asset Management, and will be better able to influence decisions and the performance of the organisation.
The course is cross-disciplinary, and helps to foster effective team-working and to break down departmental silos.
The participant will be prepared and supported by the best possible subject matter experts to pass the IAM Principles of Asset Management and IAM Advanced Asset Management examinations, for the award of the IAM Diploma in Asset Management.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives and plans.
- Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis and management processes and contingency planning.
- Understand the asset life cycle, value realisation and the role of appropriate tools to optimise the performance, risk and cost of assets.
- Understand requirements for managing the implementation of asset management plans.
- Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
- Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organisation, and translate technical issues into business implications.
- Contribute more effectively to change management, continual improvement and cultural development.
Price: £3,400 + VAT
The price includes 6 days of training in two tranches of three days and the Diploma examination on the final day.
Bookings: These can be purchased directly through the TWPL Asset Management Academy.
Course Dates: 29-31 October and 12-14 November 2019
Exam Date: 15 November 2019
Registration and more information
Contact: Luc Juffkins
t: + 44 (0) 1635 298800